On Chandler Street, in Buffalo NY, on July 13th 2011, a three-story building full of industrial grease caught on fire around 5:00am – and burned all day and well into the night. There was little the Buffalo Fire Department could do to put it out, so they focused on containment and keeping the neighborhood safe. These are a few photos, taken after the fire had blazed all day for eighteen hours. They had finally gotten it under control, and were keeping it cooled while the remainder burnt out.
Check out the photo gallery on the Buffalo News website also.